Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Where did the month go?




Ok, so I'm a bit behind.

I've got a tidy little pile of myspace messages that I need to reply to. I just realized that it has been almost a month since I last logged in! The Etsy convos are starting to stack up as well. I always respond to the business related messages as soon as receive them, but sometimes I just don't quite get to the more casual ones right away.

This has been a crazy past few weeks. My girls, Lily and Maya, are really starting to get mobile now and they have an intense attraction to all things electronic...my laptop being huge on their hit list right now. I used to be able to sit with the girls while they played and be on the computer doing work but that is just not so now. They are drawn to this thing always manage to hit some obscure button combination that ends up doing something really funky. They've sent many a blank email to my customers (sorry again to any unlucky recipients of baby finger composed emails) and they managed to flip my screen horizontal and upside down. It took me a while to figure out the button combo that fixed that. Oh, and I'm missing my F4 key. Lily ripped it off. Good thing I don't know what that key does. It is amazing how fast four little hands can be.

The girls just turned one year old, yesterday to be exact! I can't believe a whole year has passed already. It is amazing to look back and remember just how tiny and fragile the where when they were born at just over three pounds. It has been an amazing year. I've accomplished things that I would have never dreamed possible and have been stronger then I ever gave myself credit for. Jeremy, my husband, is an amazing dad. Our girls were the first babies he's ever held, yet he was never afraid to jump right in and do all of the fun (and not so fun) baby related activities. We are looking forward to this next year adventures and, bracing myself for this one, the twins to start walking! Please Spring, find us here in Pennsylvania soon so we can get out of the house once and a while!

We had a small birthday party for Lily and Maya on Sunday. It was all tutus, balloons, pink, cupcakes, more pink, butterflies, feathers...and did I mention pink? Our girls are quite the social butterflies already. I think there will be lots of parties in our future.

Here we all are. I made the girls pink and green tutus.

I made each girl a "giant" cupcake and a feathery hat!
Here's Lily...

...and Maya "smiling" for the camera.











6 comments :

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, they are the cutest little things! You have such a beautiful family. In the last picture, it really shows the scale of the cupcake to the baby, just about as big as they are, lol.

Wylde Ivy said...

Ah, thanks so much! Yes, as soon as I saw that cupcake cake mode, I HAD to have it...LOL.

Anonymous said...

Oh my! How beautiful! They are such precious little dolls! They have grown up so much. I don't know how you find the time to do everything. Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that all looks great, and I mean the girls, the decor, and the cupcakes! Where did you find that mold? I want one!

Wylde Ivy said...

Aww, thank you so much Beth! That is so sweet!

...and thank you...to another Beth! :) That was the Wilton cupcake mold. I got mine from Fancy Flours since it was on sale, but I've also seen it on Amazon. It is a two part mold, but I didn't use the top. It was big enought the way it was for my little ladies!

Anonymous said...

So sweet, thanks for sharing!

Lynn S