Thursday, December 22, 2011

3rd Day of Joy

Twinkle Lights



Tonight after a long day of last minute holiday errands, a Christmas party, lots of shopping, and a dinner out, we stumbled in the door intend on collapsing onto the couch and watching a movie. A funny thing happened though, quite the opposite. Almost instantly, we decided to head right back out. After a quick change of shoes we walked out into the gorgeous and unseasonably warm night to take a walking tour of the light displays in the center of our town. Two little girls donning Santa hats, my husband, myself, and our dog walked and chatted, pointing out our favorite twinkling lights, festive greens, and shimmering (sparkle!) decorations. We should have been exhausted from pace of the day we had, but a simple, quite, stroll with no destination in mind was more relaxing then any movie could have been.

This post is part of 12 Days of Joy where I am celebrating the holiday season by sharing simple little joys in my life.  To keep things simple for me, all photos for this series were taken with my iphone and processed with Instagram.  See also: 


No comments :